Thursday, December 20, 2007

Jamrat Expansion Awes Many Pilgrims

Wednesday, 19 December 2007
By Adel Al-Malki Saudi Gazette
MINA -
"Many people, who see this for the first time, think it's a vehicle bridge, not for people," Kazim Ali, a pilgrim from Iraq, said describing the improvements in Al-Jamrat Bridge. Kazim who has been performing Haj for the last 15 years, said the enlarged three pillars and the expanded bridge will make it easier for pilgrims to move around and avoid overcrowding.
"I couldn't believe my eyes," he said. "I never thought pilgrims can eventually stone the pillars from three floors like this."
Kazim has come to perform Haj with his son this year. He said that his wife wanted to go with them but he dissuaded her.
"I told her I know the situation in Jamrat so I advised her to wait until next year," Kazim said.
Many pilgrims were seen inspecting the Jamrat Bridge ahead of the stoning ritual so as to acquaint themselves with the entrance and exit points.

No comments: